Like many other Student Affairs people out there, I am a sucker for personality types, leadership and learning styles, and other tests that allow me to learn more about myself and others. Here are some of my favorites-with my own results-so you can get to know me a little better!
Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI):
ENFP: Extroverted, Intuition, Feeling, Perceiving
Strengths Quest Top 5:
Developer: I see potential in others and am drawn to people for this very reason. I seek to help others experience success. I look to challenge people and continually look for signs of growth. These signs of growth bring me strength and satisfaction.
Empathy: I can see the emotions of those around me. Intuitively, I can see the world from their perspective and feel their emotions as if they’re my own. I have a powerful instinct of understanding. I help to give voice to others.
Woo: I win others over. I enjoy the challenge of meeting new people and getting them to like me. I am energized by strangers and am satisfied by making a connection with them.
Adaptability: I live in the moment. I discover my future one choice at a time. I expect unforeseen detours, and often look forward to them. I am very flexible and can stay productive even when being pulled in many directions by the demands of work.
Positivity: I am quick to smile, generous with praise, and always looking on the sunny side of life. People want to be around me. My enthusiasm is contagious. I inject drama into every project and celebrate every achievement. I believe that it is good to be alive, work can be fun, and one must never lose one’s sense of humor.
Blue: “To thine own self be true”
- Value feeling, compassion, and empathy for people; harmony
- Love to talk to people about anything and everything
- Receive meaning from conversations that inspire and motivate people
- In search of meaning and significance of life; spiritual
- Don’t like hostility, anger, aggressive confrontation
No Doze Leadership: From NOLS
Spontaneous Motivator: Emphasizes emotional stimulation function
- Often voice their ideas and supply passion to follow those ideas; Energizers
- Great at motivating people as they possess a sense of mission or vision
- Good at energetic dialogue with other group members
Kolbs Learning Style:
Accommodating: Doing & Feeling (concrete experience and active experimentation)
- getting things done
- taking risks
- being adaptable
- being practical
Survey of Character Strengths: From Authentic Happiness
- Zest, enthusiasm, and energy
- Appreciation of beauty and excellence
- Forgiveness and mercy
- Capacity to love and be loved
- Kindness and generosity
- Humor and playfulness
- Spirituality, sense of purpose, and faith
- Curiosity and interest in the world
- Bravery and valor
- Honesty, authenticity, and genuineness
- Fairness, equity, and justice
- Love of learning
- Citizenship, teamwork, and loyalty
- Social intelligence
- Industry, diligence, and perseverance
- Perspective Wisdom
- Self-control and self-regulation
- Hope, optimism, and future-mindedness
- Judgment, critical thinking, and open-mindedness
- Creativity, ingenuity, and originality
- Modesty and humility
- Caution, prudence, and discretion